Visiting Leeds - What to See and Do
Leeds is one of the UK's most popular towns, both as a place to live and as a visitor destination. It's known as a vibrant centre for nightlife, with its nightclubs famed the world over for pulling in big name DJs as well as big crowds from around the country and beyond.
There are also many excellent restaurants to choose from and pubs of all descriptions, some offering live music. The city offers plenty to do in the daylight hours, with world-class attractions, galleries and museums, historic homes and excellent shopping to keep visitors entertained, not to mention its proximity to the stunning Yorkshire Dales.
Leeds has undergone massive regeneration, evidence of which can be seen throughout the city and which further adds to its appeal.
Ten things you must do in Leeds
- Take a boat tour, one of the most pleasant and scenic ways to see the city.
- Head to the Waterfront for a spot of shopping and some lunch.
- Jump on a steam locomotive at Embsay Train Station and see the surrounding countryside in style.
- Marvel at 18th-century Harewood House and its superb landscaped gardens.
- Get a glimpse into the lives of the famous Bronte sisters at the Bronte Parsonage Museum.
- Shop 'til you drop in the vibrant Victoria Quarter with its array of fashionable shops and boutiques.
- Don't miss out on the outstanding art collection at the Leeds City Art Gallery.
- Take the kids to Tropical World where you'll find huge exotic plant and animal collections.
- Let loose at the Lightwater Valley Theme Park with its roller coaster and exciting rides.
- Take a trip to nearby Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden.